Saturday, July 24, 2010
Software Pokemon Silver
Showing my Facebook friends any of the articles I write in this blog, one of them almost apologizes for using the adjective of the title in this post, that at first may seem derogatory, but it is not. I was lucky to be young in that decade and many people know that after my friends engrosarĂan.
was in 1981 when I finished secondary school (high school) and was the following year when I had to do the damn forced military service, two months after the end of the Falklands War, was also the decade when I graduated graphic designer and I started working in the middle of Argentine rock, designing magazines, album covers, newspaper advertisements concert posters ...
I was fortunate to make all the ads for Luis Alberto Spinetta, when it presented the album "Tester of Violence."
This time I focus on a story about when I had to do the adaptation of the posters (posters) of "The Concert For The Human Rights Now!" The great concert artists such as Peter Gabriel, Bruce Springsteen, Sting and Tracy Chapman gave in Buenos Aires, Mendoza, who had previously passed through cities in Europe and the United States bearing the slogan of respect for fundamental human rights.
Argentina The show is called "The concert by the Human Rights Now! "and I did not have enough graphical information, the reference was only coming on the faxes came from London that contained only the picture of man breaking a wall and a handwritten letter in low quality . Nothing more than that.
The time was not on my side, Daniel Grinbank, the organizer of the event claimed the design for me in two days and I was in serious trouble.
next day in a state of torpor, the graph was not original, because my idea was to make the design as it had been in an English magazine, a few months earlier when I never imagined that I would play such a responsibility.
That day, the language in which I worked, and where they made several music magazines, boiled, reporters coming and going, phones ringing, people on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
Suddenly I see the rock journalist Sergio Marchi, who was then the editor, a New Musical Express (English music newspaper) a few months back, on your desktop and it occurs to me ask. Marchi, very caring about me and start to browse, there's pages end I find the original announcement of the concert of Amnesty in its passage through London.
was not a full-page ad, it was with others from different shows, but they were drawing and Handwritten Fonts well printed, that I needed as rain in May.
photocopied deep breath and expand them as well.
The next day I took him to Grinbank originals with a satisfaction that I left the body, were two different posters, and the second was different local artists, as the concert Mendoza was made to the Chilean public, which for him had to cross the mountains because at that time was still suffering the murderer Pinochet dictatorship, which had forbidden an event that demanded human rights and where a handful of great artists demanded it for NOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment