VLADIVOSTOK
A ldo Maffei, I command you in the front. In this environment, with these words, you were to blame for spreading the virus of music, or rather of making the already had, I expanded to a thousand percent.
This guy was to blame for my club to grow and multiply the vinyl in my collection, by some commercial arrangement between him and me, back then a teen thirteen years old.
An emerging later summer of 1976, which he would arrive long after stormy weather in Argentina's history, a twentysomething with what Art Garfunkel's hair, my father insists that he rented the premises vacated that had the right side of my house at 69 Marconi, El Palomar. And my old, no, I do not care.
I do not know when it happened but after a while we were on this guy, my dad and I sat in my living room and a few hours later, my father rented the premises.
It took a few weeks to open, right there, the second record store that tell the neighborhood, as many others had already left the deceased and only gallery El Palomar, that we called "competition."
I already gave them to me creative, had designed a branded loguito: "Orange" and the blade naranjita out (very Apple Records) , accordingly.
When Aldo saw her, he fucked with laughter and said, no, boy, I have already name "Vladivostok ..." and explained that he felt better than orange , because nobody would oransh but such as read and to sounded like " Horangel" matter settled.
Days later appeared with a huge rubber stamp with Name in capital letters: VLADIVOSTOK y abajo la dirección, que estampábamos sin piedad en las contratapas de los vinilos y en la galleta de los simples que salían de esa disquería, sólo se salvaban las plastificadas, a ésas le ponía el sello en los sobres internos, que en esa época (ya de austeridad) comenzaron a ser simplemente de papel blanco reemplazando a los sobres ilustrados y que incluían las letras de las canciones de las ediciones en los primeros años setenta.
Una vez que terminó ese verano, Aldo, que también worked General Motors , for a scheduling conflict between her two jobs, I offer that meets the record store in the afternoon, as I was free at that time and that while in principle I could give a salary, in exchange I had access to any record he wanted, and could even include them in the order of disks if I wanted something that was not in the catalog.
My thirtheen , all that fascinated me and I accepted.
Every week I was five or ten more albums at my club, that lasted almost a year.
So he bought Presence , no sooner came, Houses of the Holly , (también de Led Zeppelin), Yessongs , Close to the Edge de Yes, Burn!, Machine Head, Made In Japan de Deep Purple, The Dark side of The Moon , Wish You Were Here of Pink Floyd and many more, several of these individuals being held in Buenos Aires, others flew in times of crisis in the Parque Rivadavia, there were to stop many of these jewelry still miss today.
The newly opened record store charge me, as well as customer service, record orders, something that was common at that time, the record label suggests you order one or another disk that had not at that time and bring it the next day. Method worked very well and nearly all accepted, left a sign and the next day with the disc in the store, ended up paying.
For a neighborhood record store had excellent days of sales:
sold for Mother's Day 1976, a few hundred copies of "Love" of Julio Iglesias in a weekend and as many or more of their next album, " America ." Housekeepers Buenos Aires on the verge of a nervous breakdown, appeased with English crooner.
We worked with Cultural Center Disco with Babush of Holy Places and another distributor of Home, I do not remember the name. We made orders by phone and came back with a corrugated box and LPs simple as a list that we had given.
of The Cultural Center , came in a sleek blue falcon as the type who always wore a suit, with short hair, slicked back and had a story to tell, with a mine identification each time.
rarely touched me go get discs to the distributors because they almost always brought, though in days of heavy selling was congested and I finally had to go downtown or holy places and returned to my pack of discs in the San Martin train stopped a few yards from home.
came the summer of '77 and Aldo returned to take charge of the afternoon in Vladivostok, - the record store that had a column four wooffers who listened to the station - (50 mts. from there) and I was slowly leaving, because school started and have busy evenings.
While Aldo him out of General Motors and is dedicated entirely to the record store, and a year later sold it a broker, that finally reconvert to a private agency.
I never heard of the life of Aldo Michael Maffei, who with exceptional labia convinced my old man who rented the room again, once the storeroom of the house. From that moment, was never empty until the final days of Marconi House (now Banco Piano) local that was rented.
So now you know Aldo, hacete office because it has no end, although he put the format that will put and although I deplore the digitization of sound as the only option, I'm still hooked on recordings are like an addiction, and here I've gone over time, a lot of dough.
Aldo understand now, what would give me that business macabre discs instead of pasta for that I could do whatever I wanted with it, you tied me to the dictatorship of recorded sound, because for 90s I bought plenty of CDs (I hated Support always) and I have been a decade compressing those same recordings to keep them together in one place. GM Besides, we also work to SADAIC? (SGAE Argentina).
Joking aside, I keep a pleasant memory of this guy, who unwittingly put a beautiful hue in my teens, in a terrible year for Argentina, living in a neighborhood of Buenos Aires, where within a radius of one thousand meters, three quarter included military units, what fear was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment